Beginning March 2017
The MDA is excited to offer our members LEAD: Leadership Exploration And Development Program. This comprehensive, 12-month program is designed to build personal leadership skills through immersion experiences within organized dentistry. No previous volunteer experience is required: participants will receive a thorough orientation to every aspect of the ADA network.
The program will expose eight participants to a blend of group, team, and individual activities.
There are three required activities that can be completed at any time during the program:
- In-office IFG Lunch and Learn;
- In-district component meeting; and
- Out-of-district component meeting.
There are also three optional activities:
- In-district meeting with legislator;
- Student Lobby Day; and
- Nonmember visit or other activity with Membership Development Manager.
LEAD Candidate Criteria
A maximum of eight applicants will be chosen to participate. Candidates will complete an online application and be evaluated using the following:
- Must be an MDA member in good standing.
- A written paragraph that addresses “Why are you interested in participating in the MDA’s LEAD Program?”
- Two endorsements by fellow MDA members, business professionals, clergy or similar.
- A complete and current resume or CV.
There are no restrictions based on age or past volunteer participation. Stipends and sponsorships will be provided to ensure participating is essentially a no-cost experience.
To learn more and request an application, complete the form below or contact Josh Lord at (800) 589-2632 or (517) 346-9415.