The all-new MDA Radiography Training Program allows dentists to provide a convenient, affordable way for dental assistants to obtain radiography training required under Michigan law without the need for classrooms, travel and time away from work using an innovative nine-part, online training program.
After successful completion of the online training, the assistant — under the supervision of a licensed dentist — must demonstrate the ability to perform two acceptable full-mouth series of images (including four bitewings) with a maximum of five retakes. After meeting all course requirements, a certificate of completion will be issued that will be signed by the supervising dentist.
How does it work?
Dentists must first create an online account and complete a short tutorial on how to administer the radiography training and will be given a dental access code. Next, dentists purchase course vouchers to distribute to the assistant(s) who will be taking the radiography training.
Dental assistants will then create their own account and use their dentist's dental access code to "link" them to the dentist. This allows the dentist to track the assistant's progress through their management dashboard and print a certificate of completion once an assistant successfully passes the training.
- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- TECHNICAL SUPPORT for the MDA Radiography Training Program is handled by AHEConnect. Click the button to access a Technical Support Request Form.
What the dentist must do
- Create an online account and complete a short tutorial on how to administer the training.
- Receive a Supervising Dentist ID code upon tutorial completion to link your account to your assistant's account.
- Purchase course vouchers to distribute to the assistant(s) taking the radiography training.
- Supervise the assistant performing two acceptable full-mouth series of images (including four bitewings) with a maximum of five retakes.
- Track the progress of their assistant's training through their account's management dashboard.
- Print a certificate of completion upon the assistant's successful passing of the course.
What the assistant must do
- Create his/her own account.
- Input the Supervising Dentist ID code provided them by their supervising dentist.
- Complete the nine-part, self-study online instruction and successfully pass the exam. NOTE: An assistant has three attempts to pass the exam.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform two acceptable full-mouth series of images (including four bitewings) with a maximum of five retakes under the direct supervision of their dentist.
- Receive a Certificate of Completion from their supervising dentist upon successfully passing the exam and performing the full-mouth series of radiographs.
- An assistant has a maximum of 12 months to complete the training program.
Click this button if you are a dentist purchasing the program for the first time or a dental assistant registering for training after receiving the Supervising Dentist ID code from your dentist.
Click this button if you've previously signed up for the
new MDA Radiography Training Program.